When you see a famous person their face registers in your brain and you don’t easily forget them. But the thing is they’re human too and they grow older like all of us. It is a very weird psychological thing that the present form of themselves we see today naturally becomes their identity to the whole world. And we never really expect them to change even though we know that it’s impossible.
Having said that, when you get to see these famous celebrities with their younger selves you’ll be shocked to realize how much they have changed and at the same time how their main features still remain so similar.
Graphic designer Ard Gelinck did the honor for us and brought back some memories of the past that even these celebs themselves would love to see. Using photoshop wonder, Ard merged the then and now pictures and I must tell you, he did it in the most natural-looking way. It’s as if somehow their past and present selves met in some inter multiverse madness.
Cheers to Ard for his amazing skills and thought on these pictures, follow his Instagram for more.
1. Former Disney star Demi Lovato.
How much has changed since we saw her in ‘Camp Rock’ on Disney Channel. She really has had a journey, a fierce woman fighting her own battles and overcoming them.
2. The Prince of Pop, the one and only Michael Jackson.
This looks so real that it’s weird. Look at that smile, it has always been a great smile.
3. Drum roll, cue music…”I’ll be there for you..” For all the ‘F.R.I.E.N.D.S’ fans.
David Schwimmer is the older one and Ross is in the red shirt. Just kidding!
4. I bet Mr. Bing just made a sarcastic remark on Mathew Perry.
Oh my God, I have so many Chandler jokes running in my mind right now.
5. Have you even aged, Rachel Green? Oops, I mean Jennifer Annister?
She definitely didn’t get a nose job. Just kidding, she looks amazing even now. How?
6. Lisa Kudrow as Phoebe Buffay, oh how times have flown by.
Okay, I’m gonna stop here and go watch an episode of the show.
7. Oh wait, we still have Monica! How can we forget her?
Courteney Cox, those eyes! This is crazy!
8. Matt LeBlanc, oh wow, this looks like a father and son moment.
They’re definitely looking at a sandwich and smiling.
9. The famous looks of Billie Eilish that rocked the internet, then and now.
When I think of Billie I see her baggy clothes and neon roots, now it’s totally changed. She is a woman now, and a very good-looking one.
10. One of the most celebrated Hollywood actress of all time, Marilyn Monroe.
Can you believe she is a brunette by birth?
11. What do you mean? Baby JB and present JB.
This is insane, how can we forget that famous hair he had back then.
12. It’s like Sarah Jessica Parker and young Carrie Bradshaw met at a party.
So iconic, also have you heard there’s a new spin-off in the making of SATC?
13. Lady Gaga evolving from a hard nut-shell to a beautiful pearl.
Love her blonde look then and also now.
14. Lionel Messi and his kid brother, just kidding!
That’s actually him, what! Look at the hairstyle though.
15. Wow, this edit of Britney Spears looks so real it is mind-boggling.
A mother-daughter feeling again, this is so weird!
16. Will Smith needs to see this picture, I swear he will cherish this.
The features still look so spot on.
17. Jason Momoa and his cool lil brother pose for the paps.
Nah! That’s him! I have never seen him lean and fine, I love it.
18. For the fans of E.T. This is for all of you.
Henry Thomas as Elliot alongside E.T.
19. Tom Hanks, the legendary actor then and now.
He has aged like a fine wine.
20. Daniel Radcliffe, my personal favorite because he played Harry Potter.
For the longest period of time, I didn’t wanna believe that Harry was just a fictional character.
All the images sources are from Ard Gelinck Instagram page ardgelinck.
This has me really thinking, now I’m gonna go and look at my old pictures and absorb this realization of time all over again.